The daily exploits of a pencil pusher...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Process - vampire

It's been too long since I posted last but I am happy to say I have new things to show. I wanted to show the process into making a tiny illustration. The original size of the work is about 3 by 4 inches.

Here's the initial pencil sketch of the piece.
vamp. pencils

Phase 2 is a simple flat acrylic wash with watercolour applied to the face and suit.
vamp. color rough

The final phase is done by applying a thin warm turp wash over the piece and adding some color pencil details to various areas. I also fine tuned the blood with more watercolour washes and added a heavy-body coat of white acrylic to the suit to give it some texture.
vamp. finish

1 comment:

ska said...

Great ones, alwas good to see the proceess and not just the final piece.